Over on Tumblr, there’s a great thread going on about what we learn about life and people by watching TV. Since this is Ars Marginal, and this is the sort of thing we talk about, why don’t we continue the conversation here?
Here are a few things I learned:
- Bisexual means lesbian until the straight White guy comes along.
- Only 2 types of people talk about race: neo-Nazi skinhead KKK mofos and paranoid militant Black people with chips on their shoulders.
- All lesbians want sperm donors to make babies. Failing that, adopting a Chinese girl would do.
- Disabled people don’t have lives like the rest of us. They exist to be symbols of the human spirit.
- Everyone in NYC has glamorous media jobs that pay enough to live in huge Manhattan apartments that don’t have mice or roaches.
What did you learn from TV?