Ok, in case people haven’t heard that Rockstar is releasing a new GTA game set in Los Santos an expy of Las Angeles.
My thing is that I’m tired of playing male characters.
Ok, you have your Solid Snake, Ezio, and Kazuma Kiryu. But no women. Some of the woman character you play wear skimpy outfits that would look crazy in the real world. I like to play with a female character that is someone I can actually believe. Like Niko Bellic, Vito Scaletta, Cole Phelps and John Morterson. I’m mostly using male characters because there are few female characters in the Western market. Heck, what made Metal Gear Solid is that The Boss is a tragic hero.
So, I say to gamers please sign up. If they can get a Female Shepard in Mass Effect than GTA needs a female character.
Yes I know GTA is not an ideal game morally, but it would be nice to play as a woman for once even in a DLC.
The following items that I would like to see if they have female character:
- Passes the Bechdel Test
- Have someone who is actually believable. A woman living in a nice suburban town where everything is peachy is not real. But a woman actually fighting to make ends meet is more believable.
- Outfits: A woman in a bikini or a with little or no clothing is more likely to be dumped in the old Tomb Raider bin along with the Dead Or Alive beach games.
- Romance: Well the other GTA games didn’t. Niko did but it ended horribly. He was even haunted by the ghost. (
- Women of Color: It would be way better if Rockstar have made a Black/Latina/Asian/Middle Eastern character.
- Writing: If they can make a believable story out of Niko Bellic, then they can make the same with a woman. Just don’t use use stereotypes. Like she’s looking for a man, or a man inspired her to a life of crime and Etc.
- Model: Not every woman is going to look like Megan Fox. I’m not going to believe that Calista Flockhart is going around shooting up people nor Gabourey Sidibe. Suggestions:
- Gabriel Union: I really like her. I would love to see her more.
- Michelle Rodriguez: Do I really need to ask
- Aya Ueto: She was good in Azumi and is better looking than the cookie cutters in Hollywood
- Eliza Dusku: I don’t care what anyone says – she is the best slayer in the Buffyverse
- Chiaki Kuriyama: She really needs to come to America (for me personally she needs to work with Spike Lee)
- Michelle Yeoh: She has also worked in drama in Hong Kong
- Zoe Saldana: Do I need to say more?
- Yukie Nakama: I liked her in Gokusen and Shinobi
- Naomie Harris: Perfect for the model
- Carmen Moore: I liked her character in Caprica
- Alessandra Torresani: same, but she knows Martial Arts and will be perfect as a made woman
- Felica Pearson: The Wire; out off all the woman on the show she was the most believable character
- Rosalyn Sanchez: I loved her in Missing Without a Trace and she is the Anti-Lopez.